Do you have an idea for a business or product which absolutely needs to be brought to market? Are you willing to put some time into actually making that happen? The City of Lakewood’s Ideation Challenge is just for you. Take the Ideation Challenge by submitting a single-page Business Model Canvas and single-page Validation Plan along with preparing a 2-3 minute “elevator pitch” — and you could win a prize package of services to help bring it to reality.
The Prize Package:
You’ll get access that many local entrepreneurs would envy, with a 1:1 lunch meeting with successful entrepreneur and current Mayor of Lakewood, Michael Summers.
A full Scholarship to nine week entrepreneur training course with Bad Girl Ventures ($150 Value).
A prize package from the Lakewood Chamber of Commerce, including free attendance and 2-minute pitch at a monthly luncheon (date tba), free attendance at Small Business Month closing event at end of September, and an article (250 words) in the October monthly newsletter.
All applicants are welcome to schedule 1:1 sessions to receive feedback on their applications.
- Interested candidates are invited (but not required) to attend the Startup U event focused on Validating business models – June 24th
- Interested candidates are invited (but not required) to attend the Open Office Hours session for Q&A about the Challenge – July 22nd
- Applications must be submitted via email – August 8th
- Finalists will be contacted if invited to give an elevator pitch – August 15th
- Finalists present their Elevator Pitch during the August Startup U event – August 26th
- Winners are announced during the September Startup Lakewood event – September 23rd
Note: All applicants should be available, if requested, to pitch live at the August 26th Startup U event.