2015 Lakewood Ideation Challenge
Do you have an idea for a business or product which absolutely needs to be brought to market? Are you willing to put some time into actually making that happen? The City of Lakewood’s Ideation Challenge is just for you.
Take the Ideation Challenge by submitting a single-page Business Model Canvas and single-page Validation Plan along with preparing a 2-3 minute “elevator pitch” — and you could win a prize package of services to help bring it to reality.
The Prize Package:
You’ll get access that many local entrepreneurs would envy, including a 1:1 lunch meeting with successful entrepreneur and current Mayor of Lakewood, Michael Summers.
Other parts of the prize package include:
- Custom-designed WordPress website (with up to 10 pages of content) and up to 6 months of free hosting, courtesy of The Dubis Group.
- 2 one-hour elevator pitch coaching sessions with the City of Lakewood’s Entrepreneur-in-Residence along with other area entrepreneurs.
- A free copy of “Startup Seed Funding for the Rest of Us.“
- More prizes to soon be announced!
- Interested candidates are invited (but not required) to attend the Open Office Hours session for Q&A about the Challenge – July 28th
- Applications must be submitted via email – August 14th
- Finalists will be contacted if invited to give an elevator pitch – August 17th
- Finalists present their Elevator Pitch during the August Startup U event at Mahall’s on Madison – Tuesday, August 25th (please note that it was previously reported to be on the 24th, but the correct date is the 25th).
- Winners are announced during the September Startup Lakewood event – September 22nd
Note: All applicants should be available, if requested, to pitch live at the August 24th Startup U event.